Sunday 7 June 2020

Going off at tangents

When I started this blog it was intended to be just my Dad's photographs of his time serving with Royal Signals in Egypt in World War II and afterwards in Palestine. I thought that those doing family research might be pleased to find photos of their ancestors who had served in with him.
L-R: Frank Morgan, Rowland Bott, Bill Jenkins
However I found myself going off at tangents in to family history. So I have created some more pages about Dad which you can find by clicking Rowland Bott (1918-1993.)

I have also created pages for his father Roland (without a W) and Roland's brother, Dad's Uncle Norman. Both served in World War I. I am still working on Roland's war service; Norman I have discovered was a POW in Germany.

There are also more details on Dad's working life on PO/GPO/BT.


Now I am going back to try to complete more about his time serving with Royal Signals. And am hoping to be able to work out what he was doing when and where in Egypt and Palestine...